Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's On My Search Engine

I think you can tell a lot about a person by what's in their search bar. ;-)

This is what I looked up yesterday:
Soybean Recipes  (I have a 1/2 kilo bag of dry soybeans in my freezer)
Although now I have a cup of it soaking over night as per this site's directions for making tofu.
I'm also going to try dry-roasting them, which is also on that site.

I have also been feeling the "sweet" deprivation. I love apples and oranges, but they're nothing compared to the candy of summer fruit. I miss the plums and peaches and nectarines...mmmmm... fall and winter fruit are muted and deeper. Well, it's lead me to search for some winter confections and as my lemon tree is in full bloom, I started with a search for lemon recipes.
Here are the faves that I'll be trying:
Lemon Curd
Lemon Muffins
Lemon Sponge Pudding
Lemon Cookies

And I made this incredible coffee cake for Shabbat, but it used a heckuvalotta margarine and I'm going to play around with it, and add the lemon curd... I'll definitely the recipe with pictures when I get it right.

Last week I was looking up how to make my own essential oils and herbal teas. I picked some eucalyptus leaves off the trees near my house and wanted to do something with them to help the congestion that's been plaguing the kids.
This was the site I found that seemed the most comprehensive: Gardens Ablaze. Some really awesome stuff on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment