Thursday, November 19, 2009

When in doubt... Cook!

I've been feeling neglectul of my blog (and so too my adoring fans :P!) So I decided to post a healthy, easy recipe that I started making for my family.

It uses some of my favorite vegetales: eggplant and tomatoes - neither of which are actually vegetables! Eggplant is a berry and tomato plants are herbaceous, while the tomato itself acually classifies as a fruit. Theres a tidbit for you trivia buffs!

So, anyway, I call it Don't Tell The Kids Its Not Eggplant Parmesian! A long name, I concur, but thats how it was inspired, so there it is.

Ingredients:
Two medium eggplants
5 tomatoes (I prefer campari, but any variety will do)
1 large onion
3-5 cloves garlic
1 egg
Oilive Oil
about 1 lb (1/2 kilo) shredded cheese (your choice: parmesan, cheddar, mozarela, a mix, or whatever melts well and gets your tastebuds all a-flutter!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees  (~190 Celcius)
Dice onion, eggplant and tomato
Sautee in olive oil with the garlic until you have a nice soft mush
add the egg and cheese and stir quickly,  so you don't get pieces of cooked egg!
pour into a casserol dish or 9X13 pan and bake uncovered for 40 min.

I sprinkle some ground flax seeds on the top before baking.

 !בתאבון
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment